Leading the tourism charge is Eric Garvey, who has been the Executive Director of Florida’s Space Coast Office of Tourism since November 2014.
Garvey is responsible for the administration of all the action within the Tourism Development Office of Brevard County including marketing and promoting the Space Coast to tourists around the world; managing the tourist visitor centers; overseeing beach re-nourishment initiatives; marketing and promoting cultural and sporting events; and assisting the Brevard Zoo, the film commission and applying for grants.
Brevard County’s 5 percent tourism tax revenue, which is collected on local hotel rooms and other short-term rentals, exceeded $10 million for the first time in the budget year that ended Sept. 30 of last year.
Garvey expects the figure to top $15 million in the budget year that runs from Oct. 1, 2017, to Sept. 30, 2018.
1. 2015-2016 RI Presidential Citation - GOLD
2. 2015-2016 Public Image Certificate -RI Zone 34
3. 2015-2018 Rotary World Peace Community- 5th Year District 6930
4. 2015 JCMF Rotary Water Safety Advocacy Award for Josh the Otter Water Safety and Literacy project
5. 2015 JCMF Rotary Water Safety Advocacy Award Crystal medallion.
6. 2015-16 #2 club in District for per capita giving to the Rotary Foundation.Congratulations to the Officers and Members for their exceptional contribution to this Success.
The Dorcas Outreach Center for Kids (DOCK) is a drop-in
The goal at The DOCK is to enable children to compete more
That is a brief summary of our current activities and we will
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow,
Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.